Lest I forget, when things pile up and overwhelm.
I revisited his songs, while he was still a musician.
A vocalist struggling, suffering in the industry.
His lyrics were painful,
but then, neither of us are belong to the happy lyrics category (LOL).
And honestly, I just can't reconcile that with the guy I speak to via LINE.
4 years.
It seemed so long ago that he spoke of wanting to die.
And when I read his lyrics again, I get scared.
Scared that he may really leave.
And then I remember he's happy now.
With his new dream, with his job, with life.
And I really can't reconcile that with the guy who wrote those lyrics.
Even with the passing of time, those feelings he carried still remains in song.
And it feels like time hasn't moved on.
The time frame in between then and now does not register in my head,
and so I find it hard to put 1 and 1 together.
It's only when I hear his voice,
it occurs to me that those were his feelings of the past.
He's happy now, and that's all that matters to me.
To my man in Tokyo,
Thank you,
for being the half that makes me whole,
for being my missing puzzle piece.
Thank you,
for being the point of balance when I go off to the extremes,
my anchor when I drift too far.
Thank you,
for being the calm to the raging tempest,
the voice of reason to the chaos,
the sanity amidst turbulence.
You are the angel to my inner demon.
You are the angel to my inner demon.
Thank you,
for being my listening ear when I whine and complain,
and being my counsellor I turn to for advice.
Thank you,
for watching out for me, when I do crazy things,
even though we're 5000km apart.
You're the nagger I probably will never mind in my entire life.
Thank you,
for being the one who thinks like I do,
for believing in what I believe in.
For being the one who spurs me on towards my dream,
amidst naysayers who demand practicality.
You encourage me,
but you also warn me of the dangers lurking ahead.
We both live our lives working towards our dreams.
With our heads in the clouds,
but our feet firm on the ground.
With you,
I feel like all things are possible.
Like there's no mountain I can't climb.
Like I can conquer the world.
Thank you,
for continuing to live, so we could get to know each other.
So we could like each other.
So we could decide we wanted to be with each other.
Happy Birthday,
and may we spend all our birthdays together till the day we die.
No comments:
Post a Comment