2009-09-13

When saying "I won't cry" helps no more

And this is how I got by 1 month of no longer having him around.

I locked up the tears and the pain. Yes, locked them up.

And I thought...
I was fine. I thought I had gotten over it.

But today, when I somehow unknowingly unlocked the pain,
it came to me all too overwhelmingly.

So fresh, like everything happened yesterday.
And the tears wouldn't stop. Wouldn't be contained.

Even though I tried so hard to hold them back,
they wouldn't listen.
These tears that I locked up because I promised I wouldn't cry for you.
Because I promised I would smile for you.

Even if this past month, everything I thought was a lie...
Even if everything regarding you is a lie...
I managed to get by.
I managed to smile and continue with life.

Even if I was just burying myself,
even if I was just numbing the pain with school, with work, with music.

Now I realize the one thing that ever held true for me is this:
The only person who will be there for me is myself.
The only one who can save me is myself.

There's no one.
I can't even face God yet. So much struggling.
If the truth is gonna shatter this little haven I set up to protect myself from the pain, then I choose to live in a lie forever...

Because I want to continue thinking that I will see you again.
I want to continue thinking that you're in a beautiful place right now.

The truth hurts.
That's what everybody says.
And if the truth really hurts, then I'd rather never return to God.

I finally understand how it feels to lose someone so dear.
I finally understand why it took 10 years to move on.
Because I found out that even if it seems I'm moving on,
there's a part of me that's stuck at 9 August 2009.

I'm sorry.
Even though I promised I wouldn't cry cos I know you wouldn't want me to, I'm sitting here crying my eyes out like a baby once again.
Like 1 month ago.
I'm so sorry... I didn't keep that promise...

ごめんね・・・

ごめんね・・・

ごめんね・・・

1 comment:

Carol Elizabeth Wee said...

hey girl =)
just wanna say that it's ok to cry sometimes =)

*hugs*