2009-09-23

"Move on. We'll meet again."

The song has been completed.

It was unexpectedly beautiful. In all honesty, I thought my vocals would destroy this beautiful piece of music, but it didn't.

I said I would close this chapter with the completion of the recording of this song.
But I didn't expect to finish the song so soon.

Maybe it was fated that I should complete the song on the same day as the wreath-laying ceremony so that there would be proper closure even for me who didn't go.

When the morning begins, I'll be in the next chapter.
Somehow, I have mixed feelings about this.

I know it's time to move on, but I'm afraid that I'd lose you if I moved on.
Somehow, a part of me hopes the night will never end.

Still, the morning will come.
And with that, I'll face the world properly once again.
At the very least, I'll try.

Today, on this day of your wreath-laying ceremony, 09/22, I send you this song.
As a departing gift. As my way of saying goodbye.

Even as I look at the silver rose on my finger, I heard you telling me,
"Move on. We'll meet again."

It's a promise.
Till we meet again.

No comments: