2009-09-22

「お別れの会」(献花式)

Once again, I'm sorry.

Can't make it for the wreath-laying ceremony.

Last night, I was lying awake on my bed, thinking if it was wrong not to go.
Besides the fact that I wouldn't be allowed to fly to Japan for just a few hours...

I didn't manage to say "goodbye" last month.
And now, I can't say "goodbye" to you even though an opportunity has been thrown right in my face.

Maybe it's a good thing I'm not there.
If I'm there, this chapter will come to a close for me.
To lay a wreath over your grave...
To me, it means that you are gone for good.

When in fact, you're not.

You're still here.
You still live on in my heart.
The memories of you are still fresh as spring.

And anyway, the song I wrote for you...
It's not completed yet.
I guess, I will close this chapter myself.
Maybe with this song.

This song that is so painful to sing.
Too painful to even say the words.

I hope when this song for you is completed,
I can close this chapter.
Cos I've been lingering around the last page of this chapter for too long.

Like an actor who didn't know the story he was in
Who didn't know how the story ends
When the silver lining begins to gradually take over,
When the morning begins,
I'll be in the next chapter








My brother was being funny yesterday. I honestly don't know if he meant it seriously or not.
The idea of the song was originally birthed from the GazettE's 『白き優鬱』when I realized X JAPAN did exactly what I'm trying to do with this song in 『Last Song』

And so, I used X JAPAN as a reference for ideas. Was toying around on my piano for ideas for guitar solo melody, when my brother said, "That's so YOSHIKI."
And his next comment was, "I don't mind having a YOSHIKI in my house."

Like Hmmmmm...

I'm not YOSHIKI, and never will be. But I guess, in ways, I have been influenced by him.
And indeed, my song for the beautiful flower that's blooming in heaven sounds a tad bit like X JAPAN's ballads. (Although I personally think that the guitar solo sounds a tad like the GazettE)

But having a YOSHIKI in the house?
He meant it literally or as a figure of speech? ha ha...

No comments: