2010-08-12

Hey

I realized.

You must have known all along.
I never forgot.

I thought I did.
But in fact, I was just afraid, wasn't I?
Afraid to go back to go back to that time,
afraid to face up to my feelings, afraid that I would lose control of myself all over again,
like I did a few months back.

Even on that day, I was afraid.
Afraid to unlock what I hid away back then.

Even now, I'm just a scaredy-cat.
The pain never lessened despite the time that passed by, did it?

Not only me,
but for the others too,
we still miss you.
There are only memories left,
and no new memories to create.

Life is so cruel.
Seems like everyone has to go through pain.
And it's always the living who suffers and overcomes (or sometimes not)

But still, I'll be here.
Crybaby, I'll lend you my shoulder when you need to cry (lol)
I may not be the best listener,
I may not say the most comforting, endearing words,
but I'll be here when you need a shoulder to cry on.

Even if the pain in our hearts doesn't subside,
we'll continue to face the future bravely.
It's a promise alright, crybaby?

No comments: