http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b_zVD98_5U
Little Fugue in G minor, to be played by church organ.
Awesome composition by Bach.
I consider him to be the father of church music.
Even though I hate him cos I'm never able to sightread and play his pieces well,
he sure is a great composer even in this age.
He has greatly influenced many composers after him,
and even now, he's still an influence to many classical musicians and even rock/metal musicians.
During the Baroque period,
they wrote new church songs every week, and everyone sang to the music.
In fact I half-wish I can go back to the past and see how church service was like then.
Nowadays, even if we have the time, we wouldn't be able to write such beautiful compositions in such short time.
Now, I just need to learn to play the organ.
It's time to work the feet.
But as Belinda said, where can you find an organ these days!?
p.s: by the way, the organist in the video played it at a faster tempo than YOSHIKI's recording of this piece of music.
2010-03-19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment