2014-07-24

9 August



It's coming to that time of the year again.

5 years now, ain't it?

I hope you're resting well up there.

This year, forgive me.
I'll be having fun with friends,
and for the first time in 5 years,
watching NDP,
hoping to spot my brother.

I wonder if you'll be upset.
Or would a minute of silent commemoration on that day be enough for you?

It's selfish, ain't it?
It's only once a year,
yet I can't even fork out a day to remember you properly.
Forgive my selfishness.

Even despite all that "I'll never be happy on this day ever again",
I'm excited and eager to meet my friends at the park to have fun and spot my brother on TV.
最悪ですね。

Continue to watch over us alright?
Even as we carry on without you here in our lives.

Rest in peace.
And till we meet again.

9 Aug edit

Still cry thinking of you on this day.
I'm such a crybaby, aren't I?

I still remember this day clearly, seemed like it was only yesterday when you left.
It was a Saturday too right?
The day I heard the news was the day after.
A Sunday, just like today.
The day I swore off ever celebrating my nation's independence day.

5 years.
Feels so deja vu now.
Feels like I'm back to 5 years ago.

Rest in peace.

No comments: