2013-07-05

Years

We're all growing older.

Sad, but when I realized someone hit the 40th mark this year,
I was like, "Holy shit! Where did the years go to? He was 37 the last I remember!"

I guess the years are catching with us.
It's sad to see how some people don't change as the years pass.
Stuck in their own mindset and refusing to move out of it.
I'm sorry dude but no one's able to help you if you ain't gonna make the effort to grow out of it yourself.

As I reflect on the past years,
I sometimes still cringe at how childish I was a year back (lol).
Oh, all those stupid thoughts and actions haha.
But I don't regret a single thing that ever happened.
The good or the bad.
Cos they made me what I am today.
And if anything, they strengthened the morals I already had.

Of course there are still some things have to go, like my temper hahaha.
I'm still as fiery as when I was five.
Oh my gosh.
They say age mellows one's temper.
Doesn't seem to work for me hahaha.

And I have to find balance.
I've always been on either extreme, unable to balance both aspects of me.
But I believe it'll come in time, either through something drastic or with the flow of things.
If it doesn't come, then oh well.
Not that I mind how I am right now.

Until then, live in the moment,
Embrace the now, both the good and bad,
Look ahead,
and plan for the future.

The you now should never wish you were someone else.
You are who you are.
No one else can live your life for you.

No comments: