2011-03-22

Song for Japan

(Still my favorite photo, by the way!! Somebody buy me a DSLR already!! LOL)

I'll be honest.

I don't know what to write about,
what to sing about.

I don't know what to say,
how to bring my feelings across.

Because,
whatever I say or write,
to me,
it still feels hypocritical.

Because I will never understand your pain.
I will never understand the depth of your suffering.

It's so easy to say words like,
『頑張って!』,
or "Be strong!",
or "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger".

But words are cheap aren't they?
And sometimes,
using words to describe our feelings just cheapen the deep feelings that we have.

That's why I can't even put words down into a song.
I feel like I'm making everything cheap.

Maybe sometime later on,
when I can gather up my courage to put my feelings into words,
when I can gather up the courage to write encouragement into a song without making it sound like a farce,
maybe sometime later,
when it happens,
then I'll write a song for Japan.
For her victims and survivors.

Or maybe,
by that time,
a song would be redundant already.

No comments: