2009-06-26

Tribute

The King of Pop passed away...

Along with the news comes a few million devastated hearts.

Michael Jackson has been a major influence in the world of pop music, and he'll definitely be dearly missed by those who have been touched by his songs.

I, for one, will definitely remember him. Michael Jackson was an influential person during my childhood. I remember the videotape (at that time, VCDs and DVDs were not birthed yet) I ever owned was Michael Jackson's Dangerous videotape. Most probably pirated, since my parents bought it from Malaysia but that ain't the point. After watching that videotape for the first time, it became a routine for me in my childhood years to watch that videotape at least once a day.

It was because of Michael Jackson that I became interested in music and dreamed to become a famous artiste one day.
And fast forward close to 20 years later, I am on the road to fulfilling my dream. That dream never wavered. Never stopped nagging in my mind.

The events leading up to his death have been sad ones, overshadowing the amazing talents of the King of Pop.
But I hope that the King of Pop will be remembered not for the wrong things he has done, but for the legacy he has left in the world of pop music.

No comments: