2009-03-09

regarding my post on suicide,

A friend asked me, "how do we live our lives to the fullest and without regrets?"

And it got me thinking...

I thought...







and thought...









and thought...













and realized that there's no way we can do it.



But I think...

that by looking ahead and not focusing on the past,
it's a sign of not wanting to live a life of regrets.

because I think regrets belong to the past.

And I think whatever we do, let us think it over carefully. Lest we regret it in the future to come.
If we really decide on something, let us not regret about what will happen with the decision that we made.




As for living our lives to the fullest, I think...

let's love ourselves and cherish our lives.

After all, I didn't say live our lives to the most meaningful.

But let's do the little we can to make a change in this world. Let's start with us.
Even if the world doesn't change, even if the world laughs,
I think we'll be happy with what we've done.

1 comment:

Zhong Fa said...

...looking ahead and not focusing on the past

Paul, who was a great apostle, said the same thing in Philippians 3:13-14
Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Even if the world doesn't change, even if the world laughs,
I think we'll be happy with what we've done.